This question has been asked so many times on all shows and websites, and noone really has the answer. But, here's my best version of one.
Yes. He will be traded. A team will come to their senses and realize that this guy can take your team to the WS.
Who will it be? I don't have the answer, but here's some teams you can rule out.
Nats, D'Backs, Padres, Orioles, Royals, A's, Indians, Pirates, and Marlins.
Now, sure its an opinion, but looking at the standings I'd say its factual. The Rays couldn't afford him financially, and neither could the Rockies, according to their GM's.
So lets look at some possible suitors.
Phillies-Give Kyle Drabek if thats what needs to be done. Hamels and Halladay will be unbeatable in the post season, and they will pretty much just ride that pitching staff to the WS again. Odds on them making a trade? 50%.
White Sox-I think they are the most likely team to make a trade. Why? They were close to dealing for Peavy, and they seem very interested in the deal. Odds? 60%.
Red Sox-I dont see why this trade would be necessary for them, considering pitching has clearly been their strong point. I dont think they will part ways with Bucholz either. Odds? 5%.
Yankees-Will they be able to survive with a combination of Mitre/Wang at the #5 spot for the rest of the year? I think so. But the Yankee way could point to them indeed acquiring Halladay, undoubtedly giving them the best rotation in the league. Odds? 20%.
I just touched base on a few teams, but who really knows. A wildcard team could come in here somewhere and swoop in at the last second and get Halladay.
If you ask me who I think he will go to, I'm not really sure. But I am sure that he will indeed be traded before this trade deadline.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment